How to Prepare for a Day on the Water at H2O Sports
So you’ve planned a super exciting day at H2O Sports and now you may be wondering what you should wear or bring for your water activity? Well, we are here to help, since we want your time with us to be fun filled and enjoyable as possible. We want you to be relaxed. The most stress you will have at H2O Sports is deciding which of our exciting water adventures to try first!
Here are some suggestions to make the most of your time on the water with H20 Sports:
- Sunscreen with a high SPF is a must! (50 SPF or higher is recommended)
- Inexpensive waterproof camera to capture all the family fun!
- Hat- maybe a baseball cap or one with a wide brim
- Sunglasses to cut the glare off the water
- Practical Swimwear & a T-shirt these will make you more comfortable, for sure
- Towels- you can leave them in the car to use after your activity
- Water shoes/sneakers– most activities are done barefoot, but these are the safest types of shoes to wear (or sandals that have a back strap, so they won’t fall off)
- Small water tight container for your neck or wrist for anything import you need to carry
Sunscreen is top of the list for a very good reason. You want to avoid getting bad sunburn, which might impact how much fun you can have on your Hilton Head Vacation. So choose one that is a 50 SPF or higher and waterproof, then you will have the protection you need. We want you to have a great time on the water, and a little preplanning can go a long way! Along with sunscreen, don’t forget your sunglasses, since the reflection of the water can be very bright. If you are looking for maximum protection, wearing a hat with a wide brim or a baseball cap may do the trick. As a quick side note, if you have longer hair, it might be a good idea to tie it back, so you don’t have to deal with it while trying to enjoy your time with H2O Sports. We mentioned practical swimwear and a t-shirt. Some of the rides where you have to wear a harness or life jacket are more comfortable for you with a shirt underneath.
By taking a time to prepare your family for their day on the water, you will be carefree and able to just relish the great time you will have together. Regardless of which H2O Sports water activity you choose, and there are tons to choose from, including Hilton Head Alligator Tours and even Water Skiing, your time spent on Hilton Head Island enjoying the Calibogue Sound, will be a memory which lasts forever. So make the most of it! We hope to see you soon!
As you can see, there are plenty of fun Hilton Head activities to fill your schedule while in South Carolina. Ready to see what real fun is all about? Visit our website at H2OSports.com or give us a call at (877) 290-4386 for more information on how to get the fun started.